The Legacy Began...
The City of Grace (formerly known as More Grace Redemptive Center) has a rich history that spans almost three decades. It was founded by Bishop Melda B. Williams in 1994 under the name Mission on the Move for Christ with only 40 members in her living room. Within a few short months, the membership outgrew the living room and the services were moved to Flatbush Action Day Care Center. However, the Holy Spirit was moving as he promised to do a quick work and within 6 months, the service attendants far exceeded the building capacity. The church obtained a building located a 646 Parkside avenue. At this location, many signs, wonders and miracles happened within the two decades of ministry (1996 to 2017.)
The Legacy Continues...
The City of Grace has come a long way with the help of the Lord and three great leaders of God. In 2012, the establishmentarian, Bishop Melda B. Williams, transferred the executive leadership of the church to Pastors David and Michele Lawe. Under their leadership, the ministry thrived and saw an increase in membership from 75 active members to over 300 active members and over 20 active ministries including a Food pantry that serves over 200 community members weekly, and series of practical life classes whose goal is to minister holistically. Additionally, a second location in Kingston, Jamaica was established in July of 2016 and the church was able to purchase a permanent building without acquiring any debt. A third location, Shiloh’s House in Fort Lauderdale, Florida was engrafted into the City of Grace Coalition of churches.
The Next Decade
The church is currently in the process of obtaining a multi-million dollar state-of-the art facility to house our permanent Brooklyn location. At this location, the fullness of The City of Grace vision will be birthed.
We are a thriving ministry that intends to leave an indelible mark in our city. Our aim is to have our members become God inspired City Changers! For this reason we borrow from the writer of Matthew 5:14, “We are that city that is set on a hill that cannot be hid.”
To build a Great City (locally and internationally) through Christ which fosters holistic transformation of lives.
The City Of Grace exists to equip all people with the Word of God that they may live holistically successful lives while connecting to God and one another.
• The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost; each fully God, each showing the divine nature, all functioning as one;
• In the death, resurrection and ascension of Christ Jesus, as evidence of the proliferation of God's eternal redemption plan and that salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men;
• That the Holy Spirit is given to all believers as one called alongside to help and that all believers are filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4);
• All scripture is given by the inspiration of God;
• In water baptism as outward show occurring in a public sphere, as a demonstration of the believers intention to follow Christ;
• In the observance of the Lord's Supper, and in every believer's right to participate;
• Healing is provided in the redemptive work of Christ and is available to every believer;
• In total prosperity for each believer: Spiritual, Mental, Physical, and Financial.